At Mayfield Church we have a saying…
Our offering is an invitation, not an obligation.
We aren’t interested in being a church that constantly talks about how much we “need.” Instead we want to be a church that recognizes what God can do with the resources we give Him. If you decide to become a part of our community we want you to be excited about contributing financially to our mission. And if you’re not to that point yet, we invite you to get to know us. Call or stop in to our office and ask where the money goes. We’ll be open and honest and are confident you’ll be amazed with the ways we’ve found to reach out to the world with the resources we’ve been blessed with.
All of our financial resources are a blessing from God, and we are simply managers of what He’s given us. Giving financially is one of the ways we have to return to God the things He has given us. We invite you to partner with us through your financial contributions and if you ever have any questions or concerns about giving to Mayfield, please let us know.
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
-1 Corinthians 9:7
We pass an offering basket in each of our Sunday morning worship services. Each week we remind our church that our offering is an invitation and not an obligation, but if you have chosen to contribute to the ministries of Mayfield Church, you will have that opportunity every Sunday.
Automated giving is a regular withdrawal directly from your checking account. You can select the frequency and amount of the withdrawal and of course can stop giving automatically at any time. Automated giving is simple and free for both you and the church, with no fees or interest rates taken out. If you would like more information, or to sign up for automated giving, please contact Sue in the church office at Darlene@MayfieldChurch.org.
Letter From the Finance Commitee
December 6, 2016
Dear Mayfield Church Members, Friends and Supporters,
I am so thankful and appreciative of our strong ministry partnership with you. Your gifts change lives!
Should you be considering an additional charitable contribution before years-end, here are some key dates to ensure that gifts are properly credited for 2016:
- Contributions made by U.S. Mail must have a check date and postmark date on or before Saturday, December 31.
- Gifts of publicly traded stock held by a broker should be received in our church office on or before Friday, December 30.
- Please contact Sue Bocian at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive current transfer instructions.
- Please keep in mind that there is sometimes a delay in processing at brokerage firms due to the high volume of year-end requests.
- Please initiate your transfers early and remember that gifts of mutual funds may require additional handling and lead time to be processed.
Mayfield United Methodist Church